Monday 28 March 2011

Boatless For Nearly A Week Now!


Just what is the point of a bankers Draft???







There she is, considerably higher in the water with all our worldly goods - and one very cross cat - removed and lurking in that van.

A quick trip to the bank to pay in the tiny piece of paper that we had exchanged our beloved boat for and we were off.
This tiny piece of paper was a bankers draft which - everyone tells you - is as good as having the cash in your hand.

Oh no it isn't!!

Asking the set of teeth sitting behind the glass will the draft clear and be in our account today or tomorrow?
Thud....... that was the sound of my jaw dropping as she told us it will take the normal six days to clear.
But.... I thought this was as good as cash?  I stammered.
It is, says the teeth.
Cash clears more or less straight away, says I.
It does, replies the teeth, but this is a cheque.
No....this is a Bankers Draft that is as good as cash.
No....it is as good as cash but it is still a cheque and needs the normal time to clear.

Feeling a head banging session with a wall coming on, I dragged my jaw outside and went back to the bricks.

It still hasn't cleared as I type this.




Until next time......................





.

4 comments:

  1. Bankers eh? You've got to love them.
    How are you sleeping on dry land? I get sea sick when I come home from a boating holiday! Yes really I do, we get own boat in a little over a year and you have given me slightly chilly feet!!!!
    Glad to read you again,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. And guess who collects the intrest on this and many other draft transactions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, understood!
    Banks are still allowed to be thieves in cashmere!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Untill next time...........
    keep bloging
    Don't let the b*st%r^ds get you down

    ReplyDelete